IMPORTANT BULLETIN!
May the server be soon REOPENED!!! (April 17, 2009)
Crank That Scape
March 28, 2024, 04:57:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hopefully this is welcoming you back, based on an announcement sent out.

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Getting started guide

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting started guide  (Read 257 times)
Owner Phil
Website Team

Rep: 0

Take Control

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2009, 09:24:48 am »

WELCOME TO CRANK THAT SCAPE!

I am Owner Phil, or as my game name is, Admin Pj. Crank That Scape is another Runescape Private Server, but at the same time a much different kind of game. When I say that, its actually probably the same concepts and items, its just a different atmosphere!

The original Crank That Scape was started in late 2007, and made it through April of 2008. The only reason it ever closed was because I had to, due to personal reasons. It was one of the most successful servers around. It was a hard thing to do, but had to be done.

Now, as of April 19, 2009, Crank That Scape is back up and running! The reason for reopening more than a year later was due to the ammount of emails i had been receiving telling me to reopen it. Ive come to a time where i can host another server, and here it is! Because most of the original players will likely not be able to return, due to communication, there are many staff spots open, as high up as co-owner! Prove yourself as a worthy player and in the case, you could find yourself in a staff spot within a few days.

Now the IMPORTANT stuff
Okay, now that the history lesson is over with, this is how you actually get started-

1) First, you need a client. A client is the program where you play the game on. I highly recommend playing it on Silabsoft Client, which you can play on client.silabsoft.org. If it doesnt load for some reason, i can give you a copy of the client, where you dont need the website.

2) Assuming you have made it onto the client, you're going to be presented with 4 things: Username, Password, Server IP, and Port Number. For your username and password, if you are new, just make up a name and password, no registration required. If it says Invalid Username or Password, that means the username has already been taken. Pick another.
For the Server ip, you put adminpj.no-ip.org and for the port number leave as 43594.

3)Well, this isnt a difficult process. NOW JUST CLICK LOG IN! If the server will not connect, odds are the sever is either down or has crashed. I have a program that restarts the server every 20 minutes, in case there ever is a crash. If its down, only I can fix it.

Well hopefully that explains it in full detail. If you still have problems trying to log on, just send me a message here on the forums and I will do all that i possibly can to ensure you get to play. HAPPY GAMING!

Best Regards!
Phil Grin
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 11:30:56 am by Owner Phil » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Venoms Tank

Rep: 2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 03:09:49 pm »

Haha, wow.

I went on this to look at good old times after I got the email and wow, a lot of memories.
I might go on once in a while, but I play a different server now.

I quit for like a long time too, and made my own server for a while.
Quit all that, and joined a new server.

Might remember me, might not.
But I'm coming back maybe. Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

~RIP RS~ 12.10.07
~RIP SLASHN_VENOM IRS~
Owner Phil
Website Team

Take Control

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 05:32:43 pm »

Haha i do remember ya venom.

Well it would be nice to see you on the server every so often. There arent quite enough players yet to be a serious server, so all players on make a difference. Just to let you know also- since i know you pretty well, and there are staff spots, id be glad to let you earn a mod spot, or admin. Just let me know if your interested.
Report Spam   Logged
Venoms Tank

Rep: 2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 07:49:14 pm »

Haha alright.

I've tried logging on a lot of times but it always comes back as -Error connecting to server-

Have you been keeping your server up or am I just getting unlucky?

>.<
And sure I'm interested I suppose, doesn't matter too much no offense.
Report Spam   Logged

~RIP RS~ 12.10.07
~RIP SLASHN_VENOM IRS~
Owner Phil
Website Team

Take Control

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 10:14:45 pm »

Well im hosting now on a laptop, against what was a desktop. Its a little different and i have to understand fully how to host 24/7 on it. I think i have, i just wonder if it will cause the battery life in this to suffer. Not exactly sure....

And dont worry about the position thing, it was just an offer.
Report Spam   Logged
0BbY
0BbY
Global Moderator

Rep: 65535
Subtract: 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Eating, eats!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 05:21:22 am »

Hey Venom! i do remember you too!

I saw, i got it too. Error connection to server'
Ur not unlucky, i think it's not 24/7 anymore. Angry
Let me wait before it's up again, because yesterday i was on it, like 15 minutes.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

News!
I hope to have a new server up within a week!
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum